Appreciate an Artist Week 2018

*scratches head* So I'm totally not late on this one, I promise. 

In case you're new here (*waves*), Appreciate an Artist Week is the week when we take a minute to write to an artist who has left a positive impact on our life. It's supposed to be in September, but as of late it happens whenever Victoria can get her act together and put a post up. (That's a really good way to get a tradition off the ground, by the way.)

My artist made this skull, by the way.

Honestly, this year hasn't been great for me creatively. I haven't been able to do much reading, I haven't discovered many new musicians, and I usually don't like to write to actor/esses for Artist Week (not that acting isn't an art, but I usually don't have a special "connection" with any of the actors I see on TV). 

I do, however, have an artist in my life. My brother likes to design 3D movie props in his free time, and he's absolutely brilliant. He designs, 3D prints, paints, sands, and I don't even know what else to make masks, armour, and other props from movies. He is overflowing with talent and he works incredibly hard, and I don't tell him often enough (quite possibly because his work tends to overflow into the rest of the house). 

Good job, dude. You've got a bright future ahead of you, and I will forever be proud of you. 

Comments

Popular Posts