Bonus Post: Dear The Girl Who Came into Work Today

Dear The Girl Who Came into Work Today, 

Hi. My name is Victoria. I served you and your aunt today at the pharmacy. I noticed you had cuts all up your right arm, and I know you caught me staring. I'm sorry. That was insensitive of me. I didn't say anything to you, and for that I am sorry too. I'm sorry that you didn't want to sign the script because then I'd see your arm. I'm sorry this has happened to you. 

If I could go back in time, do it over again, I'd say something to you. I'd say that while I don't know what's going on in your life, I don't understand what's going on in your head and I can never fully understand, I'm sorry. I'm not you, I haven't had your experiences but I'm telling you right now the road down self-destruction isn't a turn you want to take. It will not make you feel better. It might, for a moment. But it won't last. I've been there. It's not somewhere I want to return, and it's not somewhere I want you to be. And I know there aren't many people in your life who know what it's like to hate yourself so much that you deny yourself something you need to live, but I do, and I am here for you. 

If I could go back in time, I'd tell you that you are perfect. I'd tell you that no matter what the voices and darkness in your head are telling you, you can't listen to them because their lies taste like silver and salvation but they will eat you alive and leave nothing left. I know you think you're worthless. I promise you, you're worth it. I promise you, you're loved. And if you cannot love yourself, then my God and I will love you anyways. 

It gets better. I promise. 

-Victoria

Comments

Popular Posts