Tuesday, 16 May 2017

Homesickness in the form of rhubarb pie (a poem)

So I was going to write this really epic post about asylum seekers in Australia for today. It was going to be super well researched and professional-ly, probably with the proper margins and font size and Harvard referencing and the whole shebang. Then I looked up and it was 11:00pm, I had just finished my homework and I still had no blog post written. Hence, I've decided to grace you all with one of my poems I wrote last year when I was visiting Canada. (I am not responsible for any injuries that result to your brain and/or eyeballs from your choice to read the following poetry. I am not a poet. You have been warned.)



The Clouds were Rhubarb and 
Strawberry Cream a Careless Chef 
had Dripped onto the Tile

saskatoon berries
lukewarm tea
cousins
canoes
picnic bench
slivers
pie crust
laugher
canadian geese
fold-up chairs 
relax
plastic spoons
moss
corn-on-the-cob
oversized sweatshirts
smiles
mosquitoes
photos
pine needles
crumbling trailer
family

home

3 comments:

  1. I love this! It's makes me think of those simple days with family and friends when nothing eventful happens, but it's pure contentment and just home.

    PS-- kinda hope you didn't completely give up on the that AU asylum post. i got a little excited about it ;) but I totally get the not-staying-up-until-6am-because-school

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the simplicity of your list poem. We only get the images, but we know how they are all connected and significant to you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your thoughts and opinions! I'd love to hear from you. Please note that I reserve the right to delete comments that I think are hurtful.