Happy (belated) Australia Day!

(Yes, I know I'm late, and yes, I know the controversy around Australia Day but I'm lazy and I've been told that my posts have been too depressing as of late, so here we are.)


Australia Day is kind of amazing, in a weird, almost twisted sort of way. I spent a couple of hours on the beach with friends taking pictures of dogs for a dog instagram (which is amazing, by the way), which I think is an entirely fantastic way to spend a few hours. There were a couple of guys standing around by the beach ramp with a sign reading "honk and we'll drink", which I think is a great indicator of how their day had been going. They also cheered whenever someone managed to get back up the ramp, so 10/10 from my drunk Aussie dudes. 

It was pretty chill this year, all in all. It's been hot and muggy so I spent most of the day in the air-con, trying to not melt and reading my new copy of The Arabian Nights. I think the rest of the country was doing something similar (although perhaps not the reading thing, that may just be me). 

So happy (belated) Australia Day, everyone. I hope you had a good one. 

Comments

Popular Posts