These are a few of my favourite things

I've been trying for literal months to get a half-decent post written (but it ain't happening, folks), so here are a few things I've been loving as of late. (I never seem to do anything in parts, only full-blown obsessions.) Hopefully you can find some joy in them as well. 

(Also Blogger is being super annoying and not underlining my links, so links are now in purple. Because I can.)

Nida Azwer 

Thank you, Pinterest algorithms, for introducing me to this wonderful brand. Can I afford these hand-woven, hand-embroidered, silk shawls? Absolutely not. Would I feel like the queen of the whole entire world while wearing one? 

Yes. 

Yes I would.


LOOK AT THE DETAILING ON THIS. IT IS PERFECTION AND I AM IN LOVE.


(Welcome to the dark side of me, in which I consider marrying purely for monetary reasons.)


Rusty Quill Gaming

Because why not have an obsession with a Dungeons and Dragons podcast (never having played the game myself)? I have literally listened to the entirety of the show twice over... which is well over 350 hours at this point. It's fine. I'm not at all in love with the half-elf alchemist/engineer who can literally become a dolphin and has amazing hair and a gigantic crossbow. It's fine. (It's fine.)

Emily Dickinson

So I've been doing this thing in which I read a poem or two to myself before bed, mostly because I've never understood poetry despite always wanting to understand. I've read through a Sylvia Plath and a Blythe Baird and am going through an Emily Dickinson, and my dudes. Do me a favour. Go into a quiet room by yourself and read this aloud. (Yes, you, I know you feel stupid doing it but do it anyways.)

***

Indian Summer
These are the days when birds come back,
A very few, a bird or two,
To take a backward look.

These are the days when skies put on 
The old, old sophistries of June, -
A blue and gold mistake.

Oh, fraud that cannot cheat the bee,
Almost thy plausibility
Induces my belief,

Oh, sacrament of summer days,
Oh, last communion in the haze,
Permit a child to join,

Thy sacred emblems to partake,
Thy consecrated bread to break,
Taste thine immortal wine!

***

I always feel better after reading a Dickinson poem. I hope you do too. 

Anyways, thanks guys. Hope this post cheered you up a bit.

Comments

Popular Posts