When it gets cold in Australia

The other day, it was cold. Of course, I would have liked to wander around the house in my pyjamas and housecoat, seeing how I didn't have school, but I had made previous plans to go out with some friends. I decided that I should probably at least pretend to be human and wear something that the other humans wore (Mom gets upset when I dress like I'm from the forgotten city in the Mariana Trench). Thus, I dressed in a tank top and tights with a skirt and another shirt over top of that.

What? It was cold. There was even a wind.

I came back after two hours of non-stop giggling and decided, rightfully so, that I was cold. I immediately donned my Gryffindor scarf. Later, my feet were cold, so I grabbed my Ursula socks (I got them from Disney in Tokyo. It was pouring rain and I was getting blisters from my soaked boots, so there was really only one course of action possible. I had to buy Disney Villain-themed socks. They come halfway up to my knees and are awesome). Of course, I was still cold, so I grabbed my school jersey and pulled that on.

Pause for a moment. Envision this outfit. High black and purple tentacle socks, black tights, a bright pink miniskirt, a white and blue jersey and my red and gold Gryffindor scarf.

I'm sure Mom was very proud.

Later still, it was still cold (what? It only gets colder as it gets darker) so I made myself some hot chocolate and sat cocooned in my blanket while I watched The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.

I am a proud Canadian. I spent most of my life in Northern Alberta, where we're too tough to take snow days. Seriously. I've never had a snow day in my life, even when it got to -40 (C) or so.

So it pains me to admit that it never got below 20 degrees Celsius.

Comments

Popular Posts