Tags of many multitudes

So I had a whole bunch of tags to do, and I thought I'd be a good idea to do them all at once. I hope you enjoy! (And I was going to put up my review of Captain America 3: Civil War today but on Monday I accidentally hit publish before I scheduled so this week's posts are a bit messed up. Sorry :/ )

Five Truths and Four Lies

Thanks to Liz @ Out of Coffee, Out of Mind for the tag!

The rules:
-List nine things about yourself, with five truths and four lies or vice versa
-Tag people

1) On a good day, I know roughly fifteen words of Japanese, ten of which being numbers. 
2) I have never sworn in my life.
3) I have a myriad of movie posters hanging up around my room.
4) I once stuck scissors in the wall outlet and blamed it on my brother.
5) The clothes in my closet are organised by colour. 
6) I've gone bungee jumping in New Zealand. 
7) I am afraid of bees. 
8) I can pretty much recite all of Finding Nemo by heart. 
9) I could play the piano in my sleep. 

So yeah, guess the five truths and four lies in the comments and I'll reveal all at a later date. *evil laugh* 

The Sunshine Blogger Award

Thanks Heather @ Sometimes I'm a Story for the award!

So basically, I put up the picture and share 7 facts or things about myself then I tag people. Pretty simple, really. 

1. When we were kids we used to have a playhouse in the backyard, and we'd drag the hose and a bottle of dish soap to the top of the slide then make a waterslide for ourselves. We'd always kill the grass by the slide, of course, but it was great fun. 

2. I like to randomly name stuff that shouldn't be named, hence why the neighbourhood kookaburra is named Nelson and I used to have a plant named Henry. 

3. I am a Canadian, and I am a terrible skier. I can ski but it's quite a sad thing to watch. When I ski, I prefer to say that I'm Australian because Australians can't ski, right? 

4. I saw The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug in theatres in New Zealand. I wore my Gandalf t-shirt, which was awesome, but a few days earlier my brother fell off a swing and broke his arm. So there's that. (But I'm pretty sure he enjoyed the movie anyways.)

5. I have this weird obsession with lots of things, including (but not limited to): typewriters, old pilot goggles and/or helmets, old-fashioned trench coats and fedoras, beautiful journals, leather-bound books, telescopes, bookshelf ladders, chocolate, camp fires, snowy evenings, basically any bookshelf ever, owls, clockwork things, portraits of random people, old, beautiful hairbrushes and finally houses/mansions of weird books and machines where the rooms move and the house is probably alive and nothing really makes sense but it's awesome anyways. 

6. I once couldn't sleep until like 6am and ended up watching all of The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron and lots and lots of YouTube videos and I stared at the ceiling a lot. I fell asleep at around the time Dad left for work. It wasn't a good night. Thankfully it isn't a common occurrence. 

7. My brother and I like to watch the Lego Ninjago TV show together. We're a season or two behind but it's a great TV show, even if it's a bit cheesy at points. 


The Infinity Dreams Award

Thanks to Emily @ Ink Inc. for tagging me!


The rules: 
Answer eleven questions
Tag eleven people
Write eleven questions

1. What is your guilty pleasure song?

I don't really have a guilty pleasure song, because if I like a song then I'll be playing it aloud, probably bursting my speakers and singing as loudly as possibly. I don't care what it is, from Owl City to Of Monsters and Men to Schubert to Casting Crowns to Nat King Cole to John Powell to Beach Boys to Celtic Relfections to Veggie Tales. If I like it, you're going to hear about it.

2. Do you have any tattoos? If so, what, where, and why? If not, would you get one? If so, what, where, and why?

I'm not terribly good with medical stuff. Needles, surgery, blood, you name it, I hate it. (Therefore I work in a pharmacy, because logic.) I've never understood the need to put hundreds of needles unnecessarily into my body just because I can. And what happens if I hate my tattoo in a month? What then? It's just not happening. 

3. What is your favourite city?

I adore Paris, but I also love Victoria (British Columbia). And Tokyo and Milan and London and Auckland. Melbourne was pretty amazing, too. I'm in love with my own corner of Central Queensland, as well. (We all knew this would be a long answer.)

4. If you had a daughter, what would you name her?

Syliva. (That one was just for you, Batman/M.) (Sorry to everyone who isn't my sister for that particular inside joke.) 

5. What's your most recently discovered favourite song / favourite at the moment?

I'm really loving the band Relient K, mostly because they have great lyrics and lots of electric guitar and drums and piano, which is always a good combination. Their song Forget and Not Slow Down is probably one of my favourites, as well as Therapy

And now for eleven questions!

1) Who is your favourite superhero and why? (It can be an actual tights and cape superhero or a real-life one.)
2) If you had a whole day to yourself to do whatever you wanted, what would you do?
3) What was your favourite book of 2015?
4) If you could live anywhere outside of your country, where would you live?
5) Is there a specific piece of clothing you wear all the time/often? (Like a favourite pair of shoes or certain earrings or something.)
6) If you're a writer, which genre do you write in the most? If you're not a writer, then which genre do you read the most?
7) What's your favourite way to spend your evenings?
8) Which accomplishment are you most proud of?
9) If you could time travel (not to the future, though :) ), when and where would you go?
10) Briefly describe a usual day for you.
11) Who is your favourite fictional character?

And I'm going to tag a bunch of people and you can chose which tag/award you want to do. (Or you can do all three. I won't judge.)

RM @ The Book Hound

Remember to guess the five truths and four lies!

Comments

  1. I liked all your answers. I watched the first two Hobbit movies when I was visiting New Zealand, but the Desolation of Smaug terrified me (like "i'm hiding under a blanket and covering my ears until the orcs are gone terrified" I did used to want to name my daughter Galadriel. Now I'm partial to Noor Jahan, which means light of the world. (Noor jahan was also a kind of evil queen in Indian history)I love Melbourne and Auckland too. (I mean, I'm a New Zelander and I lived in Auckland for a while. Also Melbourne has great museums)-Shanti @ Virtually Read

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yep, the orcs were pretty scary :D Ha, Galadriel would be an awesome name for a daughter! Although it'd be pretty awkward if she didn't like LOTR.... Noor Jahan sounds like a pretty cool name as well :D Auckland was fantastic! And so was Melbourne :) Thanks for visiting, Shanti!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for tagging me!

    For the 1st tag I'm guessing:

    1. True.

    2. True. (maybe false, I dunno)

    3. False

    4. True

    5. false

    6. False

    7. true

    8. False

    9. True

    I might check out Relient k too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll see... :) Definitely check out Relient k. They rock!

      Delete
  3. Rainbow Magic Fairy9 May 2016 at 09:25

    True, true, true, false, true, false, true, false, false... Maybe? ha ha ha, thats hard :) Awesome blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We shall see ;) I'm glad I've stumped you, though.

      Delete
  4. Making a water slide is awesome!

    Okay, as for the true and false. I am so stumped right now. I nearly think I could say true to them all, but then I'd be wrong about something. So here goes:

    1) True?

    2) Uh, false?

    3) True.

    4) True. Who doesn't blame things on their brother? (I mean, besides people who don't have brothers, obviously.)

    5) False. Who's got time for that?

    6) Uuuuuh, true? False? No, true. I'm going with true. Finally answer. ;)

    7) False.

    8) True.

    9) False.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waterslides are awesome. We need to have an annual waterslide convention or something. I'm glad I stumped you! Thanks for commenting, Ashley!

      Delete
  5. What I really want to know is, is this tag a corruption of the new Dragon Loyalty award because I feel quite a dragonish possession of that tag XD

    1) False. It'll be some other number. You sneaky thing.
    2) True because I think false would be awkward to admit XD (which, if is false, has now made it more awkward, YOU'RE WELCOME ~waves~)
    3) Deffo.
    4) Ha I bet that's true!
    5) False that's horrifying
    6) Eh I think if you had gone bungee jumping you'd know how to spell it, and if you read that in a sassy tone YOU WERE RIGHT. So false.
    7) False, bees! <33
    8) I know this is true, I read my survey answers last night. Your joke was my fave XD
    9) True.

    I LOVE VEGGIE TALES. And when I lose my hairbrush (which is frequently) you know what I'm singing ...

    Love/am jealous of your cities list!

    I LOVE YOUR LIST OF OBSESSIONS. ALL OF THEM. Some more than others but HELLO old trench coats, typewriters, beautiful journals, old books, bookshelves/ladders, and weird old houses!!!!! Esp ones with moving staircases and hidden rooms and just, ugh, everything, MY MIND THROBS WITH THE DESIRE TO WRITE ABOUT ONE. Also chocolate ...

    I loved reading this! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DARN IT. *fixes spelling* That was rather embarrassing. I'm glad you liked my joke, I couldn't think of anything else. Because I'm lame like that.

      VEGGIE TALES. I don't watch the shows much, but I occasionally listen to the music and man it's just great. (Pizza angel, I'm on my knees...)

      OH MY GOODNESS YES HIDDEN ROOMS AND MOVING STAIRCASES AND WEIRD OLD PROFESSORS AND RANDOM SLAMMING DOORS AND CREAKING FLOORBOARDS AND DARK SECRETS. I have this great idea to write about that. I will eventually get there!

      Delete
  6. Okay, I'm guessing that your lies are 1, 5, 6, and 9, but you made that really hard. I could see then all being true-ish-y. I dunno.

    You think you name weird stuff? We have named our computers, our cars, our fax machine, our shredder, our cabinets, our GPS... WE NAME EVERYTHING AT MY HOUSE. Hahaha.

    Also, I see that you have many great musical choices, and I can get why you don't like needles always. Since you work in a pharmacy do you ever have to give people shots, or is that reserved for like, people with years of experience? I don't know. Still, I have heard that if you like your tattoo idea for some extended period of time, it's likely you'll like it forever. So that is good. :)

    Thanks for doing the Sunshine Blogger Award, and thanks for tagging me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mwahahaha, you shall see :)

      I need to move to your house. Everyone in my house thinks I'm absolutely insane, so I try to limit the naming. Although your cabinets? That's pretty awesome.

      I do believe you are the first person to compliment me on my music choices. My sister likes to make fun of me, but she probably has a point some days. Giving people shots in pharmacies is just coming into Australia. Our pharmacy doesn't even do it yet, and when we eventually do it'll only be the pharmacist doing it. I'd be like the last person they'd trust to do that. That is true, but how can you guarantee that you'll like the tattoo for that certain amount of time? The possibility of hating it is maddening.

      Thanks for tagging me! And I can't wait to read your answers to whichever tag you end up doing.

      Delete
  7. I guess your lies are 1, 2, 7, & 9, although I really have no idea! I'm wondering about 5, but it's a brilliant idea, whether it's a lie or not. I might have to try it! :)

    I'm not convinced that Australians cant ski either. Maybe in comparison to Canadians (they would get a lot more practice given their climate), but I don't think we're that bad.. Of course, I'm biased though. :)

    Anyway, it was fun to learn more about you, and thanks so much for the tag! I see if I can get to it sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All shall be revealed in time :)

      Actually, plenty of Australians can ski and some of them are way better than me, but the general stereotype is that they can't, so thus when I can't see I'm not going to shame my country. I'm good with heaping the shame on Australians, though :)

      I can't wait to read it! Thanks for commenting, Jessica!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your thoughts and opinions! I'd love to hear from you. Please note that I reserve the right to delete comments that I think are hurtful.

Popular Posts