Merry Christmas & snippets

Merry Christmas! I'm busy with my family today so I thought I'd leave a snippet of my work in progress for y'all. I hope you have a fantastic Christmas season and can spend your time surrounded by friends and/or family. 




***

I fell in and out of the stars. Their flickering glow, their stillness in the chaos. I breathed in the cold oxygen. Bubbling life through my skin. A million dreams floated through the air above me, in the bones buried in the dirt below me. Breathe in, breathe out.

I remembered the boy I used to love, still did love. His smile. His eternally bruised knuckles and the way he laughed at stupid dad jokes.

In and out the dark reaches of space, my breath followed me. Through the world I had left behind and this new one which did not want me I floated, lost in my thoughts, lost in the rotation of the moon and the thirst of the earth.

- A snippet from a Peter Pan retelling I'm working on

Comments

Popular Posts