Quiet, soul

Quiet soul, listen to the wind. Feel the sand squish between your feet, cracks of ice beneath your boots, crabs scurrying like snowflakes. Breathe and feel the wind throwing up dry sand at your bare ankles. Stings like a sharp remark. Listen anyways, despite the hurt.



Kite surf, rider kicking up sea spray, outline of blue and white against the cold hard sky. Lead my wandering heart to rest. I know what I want but I do not like your answer of wait child, I want it now. Stargazing and Netflix and a room to call my own, I know what I want but you say wait. I tire of waiting. Blue sail, you continue past me, worlds away from the sand kicking at my heels and the tiny dog trotting behind me. 

I will catch you one day, blue sail. Until then, I urge you oh my soul, to listen to the wind.

//

A tiny poem for a tiny day. (Excuse the self-indulgent hipster photo.)

Comments

  1. I love this. It's relatable.

    And I rather like the hipster photo. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ashely! (And thank you again :P)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your thoughts and opinions! I'd love to hear from you. Please note that I reserve the right to delete comments that I think are hurtful.

Popular Posts