Bonus Post: Life's Like That (in which I will never be a seamstress)

I was finishing up exam week, and as you do when you have an exam the next day I was procrastinating. All of a sudden, my housecoat really needed to be mended because it sounded like a lot more fun than doing chemistry

My version of sewing is really simple. I take the needle out, stick some thread through and tie a knot. Then, I randomly stab the item of clothing in question until it looks like it's been fixed and tie several knots in the thread. I pray it sticks long enough for me to wear it. (Needless to say, I've never taken Home Ec.)

So a few weeks ago I ignored my homework, pulled my housecoat out of my closet and got to work. (It goes to show how much I was procrastinating because it's summer here and I can barely survive in an air conditioned room, let alone in a housecoat.) The belt loop had come off so it was a simple task of sticking it back on. I did so with great effort, sweat, tears and a lot more time than what was probably necessary. It wasn't the nicest looking job, but all it needed to do was to keep my housecoat belt on so I wasn't terribly concerned. 

I yanked my housecoat  on, stuffed my belt through the first loop then searched for the second one, the one I had repaired. I couldn't find it. I searched all over my housecoat to find this stupid loop, only to discover I had sewn it onto my sleeve. 

I think it's safe to say that my career in sewing was dead before it began. 

Comments

  1. Hahahaha, I feel your pain. I have a few things I keep telling myself that I'm going to "mend," but unfortunately my sewing skills are about the same as yours.

    Better luck next time, I suppose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I'm understood!! I don't know if I'm ready to tackle another "project" yet...

      Delete
  2. I think I just died laughing. HOW ON EARTH DID YOU MANAGE TO SEW YOUR BELT LOOP TO YOUR SLEEVE? HOW I ASK YOU?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THIS POST.

    Victoria you light my life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your thoughts and opinions! I'd love to hear from you. Please note that I reserve the right to delete comments that I think are hurtful.

Popular Posts