Captain's Log, Day 2

Captain's Log, Day 2

Despite the growing isolation and loneliness, I am managing to soldier on. The hardships are many. The perils boundless. At one point, I began to fear that I may never see another human face that wasn't one of my crew (who, let's be honest, do not count as people). My technique in grappling with this fear was to eat too much cookie dough. I am not proud of my actions today. 



It has been 48 hours. 

In the evening, I played fetch with the ship's canine on the deck. The canine, being almost thirteen and what the younger crew members refer to as a "lazy butt", was interested for five minutes before she needed a belly rub. I obliged. There was also a lost butterfly who was struggling to fly, so I chased her about the deck with a spoonful of sugar water. She drank but continued to flop about. I live in constant fear for her life. 

The crew seems to be taking this situation well. This may be due to the fact that most of them must still attend work and school on-shore, and although I have mentioned that this is contrary to the quarantine the local authorities have not responded to my message in a bottle that I threw in the direction of land this morning. I worry a giant squid may have swallowed it. Only time will tell. (I can also be reached by carrier pigeon or smoke signals. We have options.) 

Comments

Popular Posts