Captain's Log, Day 4

Captain's Log, Day 4

The canine is, of course, loving our new quarantine rules. She has decided my exercise mat may be used to coerce hugs and cuddles at any time, and often demands belly rubs. The crew finds her to be helpful in raising their moral (except when she passes wind, in which the crew rushes for a port hole to fling open). Somehow, this experience has become all about her, and she is not attempting to rectify the situation. I will have to keep a closer eye on the canine in the coming days. 


Moral on the HMS TP For All is stable, for now. I find it quite fascinating how much has changed in our world over the course of the past month, and often find myself deep in musings in the nature of this strange earth. This pestilence has driven so many of us apart but now more than ever we must find connections with each other. 

Today, another quarantined ship passed us by. I stood on the deck and yelled back and forth with the ship's captain over the waves lapping the ship's hull, and though we were far apart it still warmed my soul to converse with someone outside of my own crew. I hope others can find comfort in their own connections with the people around them.

Comments

Popular Posts