Captain's Log, Day 5

Captain's Log, Day 5

I find myself swinging, as if strapped to a pendulum, from despair to hope, forever on a cursed journey with no destination in sight. The ship rocks side to side with the sea and my psyche follows. 


From despair: holiday ships brimming with plague descending on Sydney; the beach of Bondi packed with people from the land of the Sausage Sizzle spreading the disease; rising infection rates; a nation scrambling after Italy and the United States; and a governing body who does too little too late. 

To hope: tales of people locking themselves in their ships as I have; acts of basic human kindness; opening a new book by a favourite author; finally grasping sleep; and exchanging messages in bottles with passing ships. 

To despair. To hope.

It is exhausting, it is taxing on my spirit, but onwards I must go, forever onwards. 

Comments

Popular Posts