Captain's Log, Day 7

Captain's Log, Day 7

I am an unraveling ball of string. I am the twitching eyelid that arrived at my doorstep yesterday and moved into the guest room. I am the stars that frame the night sky, the rocking of the ship at night, the line that is drawn between before and after. 


There is always that line. I have encountered it before but perhaps this is the first time I have had the ability to name it, to point to the line and recognise it for what it is, what it will be, what it was. 

One day the streets of my town will be filled with people again. There will be no more empty shelves, there will be friends at the cinema, there will be children in schools. This phase of history will simply be that. History. A chapter in a textbook. An essay written. A story told. 

But until then, I am the space between one breath and the next. I am flesh on pillow, I am calculations, I am living for today.

Sometimes, I am bad poetry written late at night. 

Comments

  1. Hang in there! I'm enjoying your posts (especially the dog pictures). We just received our shelter in place orders today, though my job is still considered essential. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your thoughts and opinions! I'd love to hear from you. Please note that I reserve the right to delete comments that I think are hurtful.

Popular Posts